Before you know it, spring will be here, tempting you to hit the road for an adventure. Maybe you already own an RV, or perhaps it’s on your bucket list to rent or buy. Whether you’re exploring Missouri or elsewhere, make sure your recreational vehicle has the right protection needed for all your adventures. Confused about which policy is right for you? Alexander Insurance agency has got your back when it comes to insurance coverage for your RV. It is required in every state to have RV insurance. However, depending on what type of recreational vehicle you own will determine what coverage you will need. 

RV Classes Explained

Not all RVs are the same. Take a look at the different vehicle classes below to help you find the right policy for you.

Class A 

The largest and most luxurious RV specifications, Class A, includes converted buses or motorhomes typically sleeping up to eight people comfortably. These vehicles can be up to 75 feet long and are commonly used for those who travel several times of the year.

Class B

Relatively smaller than Class A vehicles, Class B accommodates up to four people in the sleeping compartment. These vehicles include cargo van-type designs, travel trailers, and camper vans. Class B vehicles do not have a cab-over.

Class C

Class C vehicles are a more compact version of larger Class A vehicles. These options are typically built on a van frame or truck chassis. This includes vehicles that use a standard cargo van as the driving portion with the camper portion extending over the cab. Fifth wheel vehicles are also included in this class.

What Does Recreational Vehicle Insurance cover?

Like auto insurance, RV insurance may cover typical risks, including collision, comprehensive, and liability coverage. Additional protection for personal belongings, accessories like awnings, and satellites are available. If your RV is your full-time residence, full-timer coverage is also available.

Additional Coverage Options May Include:

  • Emergency expenses
  • Medical and emergency payments
  • Property damage liability
  • Uninsured and underinsured motorists coverage
  • Bodily injury liability
  • Vacation liability
  • Towing and roadside assistance coverage

Whether you rent, own or are looking to rent or own an RV, be sure to do your research to find quality insurance that will cover you in case of an accident or other circumstances. Keep in mind, even if you rent an RV, you are still required to have RV insurance. 
If you live in St.Charles County, St.Louis, or surrounding areas and are looking for a Recreational Vehicle insurance policy that suits your needs, speak with one of our team members at Alexander Insurance today. Call (636)949-9525.